isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Gifts

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Gifts

I've had a pretty nice Mother's Day so far. At church, every mother was given a small pot of impatiens:


The kids made some nice gifts for me in their classrooms too:

Paige decorated a bar of soap with tissue paper and stickers.
Here is a picture of what she wrote on the tag:

The bible verse inside is actually the same verse I posted earlier today!

Chloe made a flower for me out of felt and buttons. She painted the little terra cotta pot purple:


Emma and Buck each made a picture for me:

(Emma's)

(Buck's)

I think the best Mother's Day presents are those that your children make for you when they are little. No other gifts will ever be as precious to me as the ones made by their tiny hands. I'll treasure and keep them forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

You are so right...those precious gifts--that come directly from their heart. Nothing else gets in the way of their message. Loved your post!

Diane

12:01 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

"I think the best Mother's Day presents are those that your children make for you when they are little." Amen! No other gift can compare. They pour themselves into the gift. It comes from their heart... that's for sure!

Happy Mother's Day

12:19 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I still have cards and presents my kids made me when they were little. They are the most precious memories I have.

Your kids made gifts from their hearts no doubt.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

What great gifts. Just recently I pulled out an old cross stitch piece I did that had Joshua's hands paint stamped on to it. What struck me was that he had these short stubby fingers at age 2 but now at 18 he has very thin long fingers. I love these types of memories and cherish them. I would love to have the time to put them up in a scrapbook before time eat them!! Thanks for the share.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home