isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit

Monday, May 08, 2006

I am so tired. It's been a long, busy weekend.
Emma had to go to the dentist Friday, and it didn't go well. She did alright at first, climbing up into the big exam chair with no problems, allowing the dentist to put cute little heart-shaped sunglasses on her, and even opening her mouth wide for the dentist to take a peak. When it came time for the dentist to put flouride on her teeth and brush them, however, we began to have problems. Emma just flat out refused to let the woman in her mouth with the toothbrush. We both tried to sweet talk and cajole her, to no avail. I finally had to force the brush with the flouride on it into her mouth (which I hated) and brush her teeth myself.
After the examination, the dentist informed me that Emma's two upper central incisors have cavities and she will most likely have to have root canals. She referred me to another dentist who specializes in oral surgery and I called his office today to make an appointment. It turned out that they had an opening for tomorrow, so I took it. I'm very nervous about the whole thing and anxious to get it over with. When her teeth are squared away, we will then have to deal with the birthmark on her face. It's gotten quite large over the years, and unfortunately, has begun to sprout hair. The birthmark itself doesn't really bother me, but her pediatrician believes I should have it removed. I definitely plan on having it removed before she enters Kindergarten so that she won't be made fun of by the other kids. Kids can be really cruel sometimes.
On another note, Emma said something today that I thought was pretty cute.
I made some chicken noodle soup for Emma and Buck for lunch, and after I put Buck in his high chair, I put his bowl on his tray and said, "Here you go baby", to which Emma replied, "No, Mama, he's not your baby, he's my Buck."

3 Comments:

Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

Oh - how stressful for you both to have to have dental surgery! I am so sorry to hear that!

We still haven't done the teeth cleaning thing yet - as you read on my blog we had an unexpected trip to the dentist, but we haven't gon for the real deal yet. Gotta do it now I know, but i just know my son won't cooperate for the cleaning and flouride.

hope all goes well with those upcoming appoints.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

My Joshua was good until time to fill the cavaties. And it seemed at each check up he had one. He did better with me not in the room and the people in the office were great.

I have had several root canals and my guess is they will put her out for them since they are very painful. I don't see them being able to do them otherwise. I sure hope they don't have to do them at all. Good luck and keep me posted as to how it goes. I will pray for you and Emma.

Glad you stopped in to say hi. I got worried when you so suddenly disappered!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Okay - just really dumb question. Your daughter is still quiet young. Does she really need to have the root canal. Are those already her permanent teeth? Told you is dumb, but it is so long ago with our son that I don't remember...

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home