isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Nothing Much

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Nothing Much

Nothing much going on today. Emma's appointment with the dentist went well. She did great! She didn't cry and she cooperated completely.
The best part of the visit was that the dentist seems to think that she doesn't need root canals. He believes that some tooth-colored fillings will suffice. Emma has to go back in June to have them done. During that visit, she will have to have an anesthetic administered by shots or drink a special drink that will make her sleep through the procedure. Our insurance doesn't cover the drink, it will cost $150, but it does cover the shots. We haven't decided which way we will go yet.
I signed Paige up for cheerleading classes today. I wanted Paige and Chloe to have something to do over summer vacation, but Chloe doesn't want to be a cheerleader; she wants to play soccer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any soccer camps or available teams for the summertime. The next team sign-ups aren't until June 1st, and then the teams won't even practice or play until the fall, so I don't really know what I'm going to do for her.
This coming weekend promises to be another busy one; Paige has two more birthday parties to attend, and I plan on seeing An American Haunting (I didn't get to go this past weekend) and of course there is church to attend. I also plan to paint the living room and the girls' room sometime soon, I'm not sure when, but the walls need it badly.
O.K., so this has been a very boring post, so I'll go for now.
Oh yeah, I'll leave you with something that I thought was pretty cute:
Paige, Chloe, Emma and I went for a walk after dinner. The owners of a house down the street from us own a couple of Pomeranians, one white and the other black. The white one must be pretty old, because it doesn't bark, it hacks, and Chloe finds this extremely funny. Every time we walk past this house, the dogs, who are tethered in the front yard, begin to bark frantically (as I suspect most Pomeranians do), and the white one always runs up as close to the sidewalk as it can get, straining it's leash. It begins to "hack" and doesn't stop until we are out of sight. The first time Chloe heard it bark, she laughed uncontrollably and said, "Mommy, that dog sounds just like an old lady!"
Tonight when we walked by, she said, "Hey Mommy, there's that old lady dog!"
(Thank goodness the owners weren't around).

2 Comments:

Blogger eph2810 said...

You daughter is funny :).
I am glad that they don't need to do a root canal :)...I have to make sure that I change the URL. I hope that you can find all your archives though. Hope to see you on WW :).

12:26 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Kids are so cute. I am glad there is no need for the root canals. I was hoping for that. Cheerleading sounds like fun. More fun than soccer to me!!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home