isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thirteen Lawn Ornaments/Decorations That Irritate Me

1. Wishing wells.

2. Those big geese that people dress up according to the seasons or holidays.

3. I can't stand it when people "plant" fake flowers in their flower beds and hang up pots of fake flowers in their front yards. Um, we know.

4. Overturned wheelbarrows full of flowers.

5. Overturned whiskey barrels full of flowers.

6. Anything that's overturned and full of flowers.

7. Wagon wheels with plants or flowers growing on them.

8. It irritates me when people leave their holiday decorations up too long. I'm talking about big red Christmas bows on houses in July and plastic Easter eggs hanging from trees in November.

9. Fish ponds in front yards.

10. Those big wire trellises in front yards.

11. Those big goofy flags (the ones with lady bugs and Mickey Mouse and flower pots on them) people hang by their front doors. I know a lot of people have these, and I'm truly sorry, but I can't stand them.

12. Those gigantic concrete baskets.

13. I know this list sounds mean and I know we live in America and everything, and to each his own and all that, but come on people.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

okay, you must now share a pic of your lanscaping. inquiring minds need to know.
LOL
thanks for visiting my tt
am i 1st?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

OMG! My friend's neighbor does that dress up the goose thing! It's so trashy!

10:41 AM  
Blogger mar said...

Can't stand fake flowers either!!!or decoration off season. No, thanks!
what about those irritating garden dwarfs??? iiiiick!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Well, I never!!Ok actually I do. I love whiskey barrels full of growing veggies, and I have banner flags, 2 samll and 1 large, that I change depending on the season. Other than those 2 I agree on the rest.
Thanks for visiting my WW.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I totally agree with these! ALL fake lawn decorations annoy me too. And what's up with those dress-up geese? I've never understood those! lol

11:04 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

What i can't stand is when people have umpteen thousand different lawn "decorations"!

My 13 are also posted.

12:23 PM  
Blogger twiga92 said...

LOL! To each his own. I live in an apartment, no yard. My hubby hates those banner flags. I don't mind them but could never get away with them with my hubby around. :-)

1:38 PM  
Blogger EmilyRoseJewel said...

I agree with you. Those geese must be a Northern thing because the only person I know that had one was from WA DC. I didn't get them either. Here in the South it is not uncommon to see Holiday decor well after a holiday, gotta love it! I must admit my Christmas tree stayed up until Feb., but at least it was indoors and the decorations were off it. Thanks for visiting my blog today! Blessings and Happy Thursday!

5:30 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

What would you say about empty powdered milk cans with flowers.
Thanks for dropping by.

6:23 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

I don't mind what kind of container flowers are in, I just don't like it when they are turned over. I don't understand why people do that.

6:50 PM  
Blogger PixiePincessMom said...

Yeah those geese bug me too. And take down those lights already, sheesh!

7:22 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Actually I have never, ever seen a 'dressed-up' goose - lol. I haven't seen any overturned things either - at least not our neighborhood.
Whew - I don't have anything in my front yard you listed. Actally there is just a huge desert pine in our front yard.
Happy Thursday, Stacey - thanks for visiting.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

i have NEVER seen someone do that with fake flowers - REALLY - THEY DO THAT?!?!

thanks for dropping by my T13

12:18 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

That is a terrific list!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mom2fur said...

I just came across this and you crack me up! Down the block from my sister's house (in upstate New York--very rural) there is a family that put the frame of a real bed in front of their house and planted a garden in it. I kid you not. Get it? Flower bed? One funny thing, though, is when a neighbor here put about 100 pink flamingos on his lawn. I don't know why he did it, but they were there and gone in a day--and they made me laugh. I wouldn't be too happy if I had to look at them every day!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home