isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thirteen of my Favorite (Secular) Songs:

1. The Flame-Cheap Trick

2. Fire and Rain-James Taylor

3. Into The Mystic-VanMorrison

4. Winter's Come and Gone-Gillian Welch

5. This Year's Love-David Gray

6. Everlong-Foo Fighters

7. I Just Called to Say I Love You-Stevie Wonder

8. Portland Oregon-Loretta Lynn

9. As Deeply As-The Blueberries

10. Remember When-Alan Jackson

11. The Joker-The Steve Miller Band

12. Strong Enough-Sheryl Crow

13. Me and Bobby McGee-Janis Joplin


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Heather

2. Friday's Child

3. Reverberate58

4. Joan

5. Chi

6. Surrender Dorothy

7. TNchick

8. yellowrose

9. a&i's mommy

10. Susan

11. Jen

12. ardice

13. Norma

14. Michelle

15. ames

16. eph

17. EmilyRose Jewel

18. LibertyBelle

19. Bar Bar a

20. Mandy

21. Mar

22. Courtney

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


23 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

I like a lot of those too! Mine are up at both sites!

10:03 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Nice list. Thanks for dropping by.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

This is the first time I have seen a list of songs that I knew at least 9 of them!! Great taste in music. My TT is up.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

I don't listen to popular music; but it is good to know what is out there. I like to at least know what other people like.

My 13 are posted.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Chi said...

Great list of songs! My favorite of the 13 is # 13. *s*

12:45 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Random pick. Never been here before. Like some of the same tunes cept 13. I could never get into that one. Oh, and I love your wordless Wednesday. I laughed and laughed.

1:44 PM  
Blogger TNChick said...

LOL I was laughing while readin' because of the post below from yesterday.

Surprised to see #7 on there, hehe now I have that stuck in my head.

2:41 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

Good list, good songs! Love #13...love Janis Joplin! I think I was a hippie in another life...hee hee!

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Kisses said...

This Year's Love is such a beautiful song!!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Interesting list...don't know most of these.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Me and Bobby McGee. "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

Ah, Janis...

Thanks for stopping by!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Ardice said...

I love James Taylor, Stevie Wonder and Janis Joplin. Great List.

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Have a wonderful evening. Be Well...

5:50 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

I think I remember #2 and #13.

Thanks for visiting my TT.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great list. Really diverse. That is the way that my music collection is too. Thanks for visiting my TT

6:08 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

thanks for visiting my T13 today - I read that one of the favs was Joker - hahaha brings back memories:

I once one a kareoke (sp) contest for singing that song - it was more comical than beautiful though (maybe that's why I won!)

6:57 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Awesome list :). I like The Steve Miller Band - just haven't listened to it for a while. But who I really enjoy are The Eagles and America.
Thank you for visting My Lighter Side this morning. :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger EmilyRoseJewel said...

Thanks for stopping by today. I love Fire and Rain, Strong Enough, and Just Called to Say I love you, good songs. Classics! Happy T-Day!

8:24 PM  
Blogger LibertyBelle said...

People's taste in music is interesting, even though I never catorgorize music. All music from the heart is heavenly to me.
My TT is up.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Bar Bar A said...

I love your blog and every single song on your T13 list!!!! Thanks for stopping by mine. I'll be back.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I think I need to get out more lol. I only knew one on your list, but thnx for sharing and thnx for visiting my TT!

http://www.mandeesign.com/

12:50 AM  
Blogger mar said...

2. Fire and Rain, JTaylor, 7. ..to say I love you, SWonder and 11.The Joker, SMiller Bank: I love these songs, they bring back so many memories! Thanks for visiting my list, happy TT! :)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Great list. Gotta love Steve Miller Band! Thanks for visiting me yesterday, I'm just now making it around to the TTs for this week.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lucky said...

We have a lot of the same tastes in music...my TT is up at http://www.desertodyssey.blogspot.com

Happt TT Day!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home