isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Tuesday

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday

Paige had her first cheerleading class last night, and it went very well. I was surprised because the teacher got right into toe touches, front flips, and back hand springs. Of course, the kids did none of these on their own, they used the trampoline for toe touches and flips, and big barrels for the back flips. It was still slightly unsettling, though. I would have been scared to death to roll backwards over a big barrel at Paige's age ( It scares me to think about doing it now! ) but she was fearless. It's one of the many things I admire about her: she's not afraid to try new things and take chances. I was a very shy child, afraid of my own shadow, and the only accomplishments I can boast from my childhood is teaching myself how to swim and ride a bike. I don't believe I ever would have tried cheerleading or gotten up on a stage in front of dozens of strangers to do a performance. I would have frozen solid at the prospect. It never ceases to amaze me how two people can create another person who is totally unique, has different interests, talents, tastes, and a personality all their own.

I'm so tired this week. It seems like the time is flying by and I have so much to do and I never seem to get ahead. I've been spring cleaning for the past several days. I'd been putting it off for some time, out of sheer laziness I guess, but the pressure finally got to me and I caved. I could no longer ignore the state of my home. I really don't mind cleaning so much, washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, etc. but what needed to be done around here the most was sorting through clothes and toys and getting rid of stuff. I spent almost an entire day in the girls' room; I folded clothes, went through their toy boxes, threw stuff out, and bagged up stuff to give away. When I was going through the toy box, I found approximately 31 dirty socks ( when I was little, my mom called them "dead" socks ); I won't tell you what else I found, out of respect for those of you who are faint of heart. It looks pretty good in there, though, and it will be even better once I've painted. I'm dying to paint the whole house, I just can't seem to find the time or energy. I wish I had the money to pay someone to do it.

I still haven't gotten to go see An American Haunting yet. :(

My husband is outside right now, weeding our flower bed. He says he's going to plant a little rose garden for me for my Mother's Day present. This will be the best present he's ever given me, I think. I love flowers, all flowers, and I'd rather see them growing in the yard than have them inside in a vase.
We already have a few roses growing in the bed, along with some pretty little wild flowers:






Ain't they purty?
Today is primary election day, but I don't think I'm going to vote because... well, there's just no one who tickles my fancy. All the candidates sound alike to me and no one really sticks out in my mind as a better choice. I think I'll just wait until the next election to make up my mind.
That's all for now. I'm going to try to talk my hubby into letting me take a nappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home