isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tackle-It-Tuesday-Banner

My kids can go in this room and play, and ten minutes later it will look like this:

Messy room

This room ordinarily wouldn't be hard to clean up; I usually just throw the toys back in the toy boxes, pick up trash, and put clothes away. However, I'd been putting it off because I desperately needed to sort through the toys and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. My kids have accumulated more toys than they know what to do with, and it's getting ridiculous. My motivation came when I heard that my sister is having a yard sale soon, and has invited my other sister, my mother and I to include some of our unwanted stuff in it. I got busy earlier today:

Clean room

Ahh, success!
At least until the next birthday, and Christmas.....

Tackle It Tuesday

9 Comments:

Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Looks much better. Aren't yard sales wonderful things! I love them because you find all kinds of neat things and can get rid of all the accumulation!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Think Pink Dana said...

i SWEAR they mate in the toybox and make more
i just KNOW IT
congratulations! It looks GREAT

7:49 PM  
Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

That is GREAT!!! Good work! It looks wonderful :)

I know my son accumulates so many toys too. I am so bad at getting rid of things though, cause I might have another child. (I give the gender neutral to my niece and keep the boys stuff.)

9:06 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Wow - you did an awesome job :)...So, how many bags you are taking over to your sister? When we moved from Germany to the US, we HAD to get rid off a lot of things...Our son never missed them...The only toys we actually took with us: Legos :).

9:25 PM  
Blogger Mom Nancy said...

The completed room looks great! What a big job, too. Good work!

My tackle it is up, too.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Killired said...

omg... my kids are the same way! thank gawd i'm not the only one whose kids make a mess in under 4 seconds! or at least that's what it seems like!

here looking for ww... i got mine up early!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

Great job! Our toys tend to breed and scatter on a regular basis. I tackled some of those toys today, too... :) What nice work you did today!!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good job! I did my kids room last week, the same way you did, sort, toss, put away. So far so good. Yet in this picture I see a hand going for something . . .could it be to pull out all those toys again . . .oh yes, I think so!

1:55 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Makes a big difference doesn't it? Plus extra money won't hurt. My kids always had messes for rooms and at the age of 10 I turned the rooms over to the kids. If they didn't clean them they didn't go out. That lasted until teen years and then their rooms really got bad. So glad when they moved out, but the problem is sometimes they come back and bring reenforcements with them. Like - these little aliens crawling across the floor.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home