isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Happy Birthday Emma!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Emma!

Today is Emma's 3rd birthday.

birthdaybouncyLS

Emma's 3rd birthday

My pregnancy with Emma was by far the hardest of them all. I was in a constant state of nausea throughout the entire nine month period. Smells in particular made me ill, no matter what they were: foul smells, pungently sweet smells, cooking food, gasoline, you name it. Sometimes even talking could bring on bouts of vomiting. I was miserable.
I was even more miserable the last few weeks of the pregnancy. As any woman who has ever given birth knows, the last month or so can seem like an eternity, what with the anticipation and the overwhelming frustration. Every visit to the doctor began with an exciting eagerness, the hope that I would receive some encouraging news about the possibility of going into labor soon, and ending with crushing disappointment when I learned that I was still locked up tighter than Fort Knox. I went a week past my original due date of June 24th, and my doctor, who was well acquainted with my misery, mercifully decided to induce me. He scheduled me for Wednesday, July 2nd at 7:oo am.
Neither Dewey or I got much sleep, we were far too excited. I drifted in and out of sleep for a few hours, waking to the ringing of the phone at about 5:oo am. I told Dewey that I would bet him a million dollars that it was the hospital calling to reschedule me. A friend of mine had also gone past her due date and the same thing happened to her; she'd get her hopes up when her doctor scheduled her for a certain day, only to be upset when she got rescheduled by the hospital three times. I vowed that this would not be the case with me. I told Dewey that I was going to have my baby that day no matter what; I was bound and determined.
I lumbered out of bed to go get the phone to check the caller ID, and sure enough, it had been the hospital that had called. I was irritated, but before I could really react, my water broke. I was ecstatic. I wanted to shout "Halleluiah!"
I quickly roused Dewey, telling him to get up and get dressed, 'cause we were gonna have a baby! I called the doctor and he told me to get myself to the hospital as quick as I could. I called my sister who came over to watch Paige and Chloe, and Dewey grabbed my bag and we were off.
We arrived at the hospital a little after 6:oo am, and 6 short hours later, Emma came into the world at 12:06 pm. She weighed 8 pounds and 8 ounces and was 20 inches long. My labor and delivery was very easy, as easy as any labor can be, and there were no complications.
We are very blessed to have Emma in our lives. She's our little pixie princess, a non-stop ball of energy and entertainment with her outgoing personality, sweet disposition, and irresistable charisma.
I love you so much, sweetheart. I can't imagine life without you and I never want to. Happy birthday!!!

Birthday pics

9 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Oh she is an absolute doll! Belated happy birthday wishes to her!

My July 5th WW is up - hope you have a great day - thanks for sharing!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I know what you mean about the sickness during pregnancy. I was hospitalized for a few days because I was so sick when I was pregnant with our son. But...it all seems worth it once you hold them for the very first time doesn't it?!? :)

(NOTE: I have a blogger account but my updated blog is at http://jessicaslilcorner.tz4.com )

7:45 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Happy belated Birthday to Emma. She is such a sweet looking child. You are so lucky Stacey.

Hope you had a great Fourth of July.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

She is a doll. Thanks for sharing your story of her birth day! The last month is the longest for sure but well worth the wait!

9:10 PM  
Blogger anessa said...

Hey Stacey,
I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words about my Lilly girl.
Most sincerely...

PS: Emma is a cutie pie!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Fida said...

She's beautiful
If I were you I'd tell her she's worth the pain and agony :)

Visit my website http://fidainc.com

11:16 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! What a sweety :=)

Mandy
http://www.mandeesign.com/

9:59 AM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

How precious to share your delivery story of Emma.
Sorry, I haven't check on you lately. You name came to mind this morning, so I just wanted to check on you. Hope things are going okay with you and your family.

11:22 PM  
Blogger peppylady said...

What a picture to show such a sweet girl.
My grandmother birthname was Emma her mother died in childbirth and her adopotive parents name her Elsie.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home