isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Prayers of a Godly Woman-Day 6

Monday, August 28, 2006

Prayers of a Godly Woman-Day 6

By Jim Gallery

Help me, Lord to Show Kindness

"...always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else."
1 Thessalonians 5:15b

When Bonnie attended high school, she learned an important lesson about kindness from her mother, Mary James. Many poor families lived near the James' rural Georgia home, but one girl in particular impressed Bonnie. The girl was quiet and polite, yet extremely shy. And she wore the same tattered dress to school every day.

Bonnie decided to give some of her clothes to the girl, and she asked for her mother's help. Mary James, in her wisdom, offered a suggestion: why not pick out clothes that the other students wouldn't recognize as Bonnie's? So Bonnie and her mother carefully selected an assortment of dresses and delivered them anonymously. Their act of kindness helped protect a needy child's self respect. And God smiled.

It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor.
Martin Luther

I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone,
Kind to the rich, for they are afraid,
And kind to the unkind,
For such is how God has treated me.
Max Lucado

He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will reward him for what he has done.
Proverbs 19:17

Today's Prayer
Lord, You have poured out Your kindness on me. I must do no less for others. In my strong words and deeds, and in my gentle words and deeds, may I always mirror Your love and kindness in my thoughts and in my actions.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home