isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Changes

Monday, September 25, 2006

Changes

Well people, the hair had to go. It was getting a tad too long:

long hair

It was halfway down my back and getting pretty annoying.
Here is what it looks like now:

The new 'do

Thanks, Dayne!

I have also begun to 'reluctantly' embrace autumn. I have not been ready for summer to end: I'm still ready to go swimming and attend cookouts and continue working on my tan. The changing of seasons often depresses me. I enjoy autumn, it just seems as if summer flew by too quickly, and I'm still searching for it, not quite ready to let go.
However, with the recent chilly mornings and the changing colors of foliage around town, I've been forced out of my denial of summer's end.
I bought some pretty baskets of mums to set on my front porch,

mums

mums

made a fall wreath to hang on the front door,


fall wreath

and hung a berry garland around the door frame:

fall garland

I also set out this little treasure I found at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago:

garage sale find

Next on the list: hunting down Halloween costumes for the kids. I better get on that before Christmas sneaks up on me!



5 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Your hair looks great and I love all of your pictures! I can't believe you MADE that wreath!

7:38 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

LOL Isn't that the way it is? Just get the kids in school, then the race to get fall decorations up, the race to get ready for Halloween, get ready for Thanksgiving and then knock ourselves out for Christmas and New Year. Whew. No wonder we are so tired all the time. But don't worry, Stacey, in January you get to rest. LOL

My hair was just about the same length as yours and I cut it all off too. I feel so much better. You look so much younger with short hair. WE use less shampoo, conditioner and it doesn't take so long to rinse it.

5:34 PM  
Blogger MysteriousLady said...

The hair cut looks awesome!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Lifecruiser said...

Oh, you've just reminded me of two things i rather forget....

1) I hate fall... Even though your pics are pretty :-)

2) I don't dare to have a haircut! I've been going bald cause of lack of iron and lost 50-60% of my hair ;-( which was my pride before.

Now I don't want to cut off the little amount of hair that's left....

I love to have long hair!

Though I have to admit that your hairstyle is neat :-) - on you!

10:39 AM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Love you new hair-do :)...I know I haven't been here for a while. I apologize...
Just wanted to stop by and say hi :)...

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home