isnaini_blogtemplate53_00 Broken Spirit: Prayers of a Godly Woman-Day 8

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Prayers of a Godly Woman-Day 8

By Jim Gallery

Help me, Lord To Be Secure in Your Faithfulness

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22, 23

I am thankful for absolutes. In a world afloat in a sea of relativism, we need anchors. One of those anchors is the constancy of God's faithfulness. He never changes.

Godly women understand that the Lord's immutable laws are not open for debate. Godly women seek God's will and they study God's Word. Godly women understand that people change, circumstances change, but God does not.

There is great comfort in the knowledge that our Savior stands firm in a world filled with change. Paul writes to the Hebrews that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. (Hebrews 13:8) When the shifting sands of life throw us off balance, when friends disappoint us and circumstances confound us, God remains faithful, loving, unchanging, and, above all, present. Even before we reach out our hands to Him, He is there.

Not a star, not a planet, not a meteorite or a quasar, no, not even a black hole is missing. God made them. He knows their names, knows exactly where they belong. Can He not keep track of us?
Elisabeth Elliot

A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark, never failing...
Martin Luther

Nothing happens by happenstance. I am not in the hands of fate, nor am I the victim of man's whims or the devil's ploys. There is One who sits above man, above Satan, and above all heavenly hosts as the ultimate authority of all the universe. That One is my God and my Father!
Kay Arthur

Today's Prayer
Lord, I praise You for Your faithfulness to me. I know that today and every day I can depend upon the constancy of Your love. Help me to be faithful in my love for You as You have been faithful to me. Hold me always in the palm of Your hand, and keep me ever-thankful for Your unending grace and for the gift of Your Son.
Amen

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Amen!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Amydeanne said...

That is really wonderful! It hit home with me!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home